April 28, 2024, 05:25:43 AM

Author Topic: NFL Blitz Roster Editor (UPDATED: 3/21/2018)  (Read 61701 times)

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Roster Editor
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 06:23:06 PM »
Just an FYI - if you want the game to show both first and last names (such as Russell Wilson or Devante Freeman) in the game, you can just type in the full name of the player into the roster editor. It will display it just fine!

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Roster Editor
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »
Just an FYI - if you want the game to show both first and last names (such as Russell Wilson or Devante Freeman) in the game, you can just type in the full name of the player into the roster editor. It will display it just fine!
thats a good idea, keep in mind the limit id 16 characters.

Also an update, I finished the team expansion tool for the 2000 hack, working on updating the roster editor so users can edit team name, city, ect...

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Roster Editor (UPDATED: 2/3/2016)
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 08:03:07 PM »
Alright! We have a fresh updated roster editor! Please not that it no longer works with older roster xml files as we have added new fields! If anyone experiences issues please let me know, we can now rename the St Louis Rams to the LA Rams ;)

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 08:45:57 PM »
 Fantastic work Jake! I have a few questions:

1.I see a roster xml in the folder (2016roster.xml). Is this only to be used in certain versions?

2. In 2001, I imported the roster from the ROM I have. It worked, however it appears that the characters are in the wrong "endianness" (i.e. Cardinals shows up as aCdrnilas) (picture here: http://i.imgur.com/pdI6nio.jpg)

3. I assume that only Zoinkity's hacked version allows for extra teams, correct? I see multiple teams in the dropdown list (a second texans team, another labelled "test team" etc).

Again, brilliant job. Thanks for everything!

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 09:18:20 PM »
Hey Blitzmaster,

1. It can be used with any version even if the roster contains more players or teams then another version, those teams/players just wont be inserted.

2. Hmmm, its working for me. is it z64? Send the game to my email (unedited) and I'll see if the offsets matchup for the data tables tomorrow.
Proof it works for me lol:

3. Yeah, he had to update all the data tables along with change of they are read in his 2000 patch. It would take a lot of work to implement it in another version. He has notes on what he edited in Blitz2k\workpad.  Haha, thanks for the heads up on "test team"... I updated the download and removed those extra teams, those were from a test ROM I was working with. Also I finished the tool that adds expansion teams to Zoinkitys hacked version, should hopefully have time to upload it tomorrow.

Thank!

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »
Okay that makes sense. I have a .n64 file for my 2001 rom. This is most likely the issue. Thanks again, this is awesome. and it's cool to see you also updated the actual rosters - did you do that by hand? I'm gonna showcase this at the superbowl party I'm going to - We're gonna have a blitz tournament  before the game and this is going to blow their minds!!

Just  checked it with the .z64 rom - perfect!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:28:21 PM by blitzmaster5000 »

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 11:06:26 PM »
also, do you know what the difference is between z64 and n64 file types? I've noticed that when I play in project64 (I have version 2.2), I have to change the CPU core style from recompiler (which works fine for any of my .n64 roms) to interpreter for the z64 file types. If I don't, the frame rate drops to about 1 fps. I'm just curious if this occurs in the earlier versions of project64 as I saw in your screen shot you have an earlier version (based on the icon). What video plugins are you using?

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 08:02:08 AM »
I didn't make the 2016 xml update, Idabadas has been so nice to do it for the past two years now and has done a pretty good job of it haha. he posted the roster back in October so it might be a little dated, I just updated the file to work with the new editor.
The difference between n.64 and z.64 is Endianness, Z64 is Big Endian. Not sure what the issue would be with the emulator and I'll check that plugin I'm using when I get home from work. 

Haha the blitz tournament sounds legit, you plan to use an everdrive?

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 05:48:35 PM »
Nah, don't have one. I have a 64 and all the games, but after playing the hacked version on my PC it looks so much better we're just gonna hook the comp up to the TV. I have those controller adapters so we can do 2v2 no problem.

I've been trying to find the tackle animation function that determines which one to do with no luck. I have found some addresses that I think correspond to each animation, but haven't been able to trace down how those values are determined. I was hoping to have it figured out by the super bowl, but at the rate I'm going I don't think it's gonna happen.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2016, 09:45:54 AM »
Hey Jake, now that you mention it - can you fill me in on the everdrive? I've read a bit about it but don't know how well it works. If you have used it at all can you give me some details? I would be interested in getting one eventually if I know it's reliable - especially with respect to modifed ROMs. Thanks!

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 10:59:42 AM »
http://shop.krikzz.com/EverDrive-64-v25-ED64V25.htm

The ever drive is just a flash cart for the N64, it essentially allows you to play your ROM collection (including modified blitz) on real hardware. Its a bit pricey but its convenient to be able to play on a real system. 

Idabadas

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2016, 03:52:14 PM »

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:59 AM »
Week 17 & Playoffs update
http://speedy.sh/VtysW/2015-Week-17.xml

Awesome work as always man! Appreciate the upkeep with it :) always better to play with an updated roster.

Idabadas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 08:51:37 PM »
You're welcome, however the current editor won't let me save any roster to the ROMs, they become unplayable when I do so.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 07:30:23 PM »
You're welcome, however the current editor won't let me save any roster to the ROMs, they become unplayable when I do so.

I'll take a look into it...