April 27, 2024, 05:13:11 PM

Author Topic: NFL Blitz 2000 Team Extension Patch  (Read 11225 times)

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NFL Blitz 2000 Team Extension Patch
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:13:48 PM »
The Author of this patch is Zoinkity. All credit goes to him :D!

Quick Summary of the Patch:
If you've ever wanted to add a few dozen more teams to NFL Blitz 2000, you're in luck.  This patch nearly doubles the number of teams that can be used, raising the limit to 60.  It also region-cracks the game so PAL users won't be stuck on a screen informing them it wasn't designed for their system.  As a small bonus and example of sorts, the Houston Texans have been added into the roster.
  There is a minor caveat, of course.  You can only use the new teams in "Arcade" and "Tournament" modes, and you can't edit their plays in the play editor.  Altering save files is non-trivial and wouldn't be backward-compatible.

About the patch:
The patch is distributed in a few formats and variations for different versions of the game.  Note all varieties expect an unbyteswapped, uneditted ROM.  You only need to apply one!  In fact, you couldn't apply more than one if you tried.  It's checksum-enforced too, so if you use the wrong one it won't even attempt to patch the game. 

Tool used for the patch:
xdelta
A UI version for windows can be found here:http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

How can I add/edit teams and rosters?
Currently the roster editor found on this site only supports the demo ROM Zoinkity released a few months back. I Will hopefully add support for this patch shortly (next week or two). As for adding new teams support will be added in the upcoming weeks/months. Stay tuned!

Want More info?
Check out the read me Zoinkity supplied in the download.

Download:
mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pmlgir7ztceetqi/Blitz2k_%281%29.7z
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:13:18 AM by jaker3 »

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz 2000 Team Extension Patch
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 05:57:35 PM »
Hey Jaker, do you know how to add other teams beyond the Texans? I see that you can have up to 60 teams, and was wanting to try and add my fantasy team.  8)

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz 2000 Team Extension Patch
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 07:35:58 AM »
Hey Blitzmaster, I do know how to add more teams but currently it would require doing it all by hand with a hex editor. I'f I get some time this weekend I'll try and see if I can extend the roster manager to allow adding new teams.

BBOPseut

• View Profile
    • Охранно-пожарная панель Ritm Контакт GSM-5-2
-
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 08:44:22 PM »
I think, that you have misled.