September 20, 2024, 06:45:20 PM

Author Topic: Blood Mode?  (Read 27230 times)

NickGemini12

• View Profile
Blood Mode?
« on: January 11, 2016, 08:25:47 PM »
Hi.
On the N64 version of the Original NFL Blitz, There was a code listed on various sites for a Blood Mode. Has anybody tried it? & Does it work? I think i had tried it once or twice but it didn't work.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 07:37:38 AM »
I don't think I've ever seen blood or any gore related graphics during my time hacking the game. 

EDIT: Also, since the game is rated E I don't think gore would be aloud in the game without bumping it up to Teen.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:00:37 AM by jaker3 »

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 01:55:51 PM »
Was digging into the original blitz game, there is indeed blood graphics. It must have been something they removed in the 2000+ versions.

NickGemini12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 06:54:20 PM »
Wow, I did not know that, Could you post those Blood Graphics if possible. Maybe there was indeed going to be a blood mode but was taken out by NFL Censors.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:08 PM »
That's probably what it was. Based on the article Jaker mentioned (https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/how-in-the-hell-did-nfl-blitz-ever-get-made) it looks like they had to tame it down quite a bit because of the NFL. Which sucks because it seems like the creators knew what we were all looking for!

NickGemini12

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 07:28:57 PM »
Indeed, Originally, There also was going to be more Violent Tackle Animations in addtion to the blood, Including a "Spine-Buster" Tackle & "Neck Breaker" Tackle. & Unlimited amount of Time for late hits, There was a podcast interview with Sal Divita recently, & he explained some info about the making NFL Blitz & The Approval meeting with NFL Officals. Apparently, The "Spine Buster" Tackle was the Animation that NFL Officials hated the most

Which reminds me, I was checking the Mame Version of the Original NFL Blitz Dip Switches & There was settings for "Violence & "Bad Language" But they have no effect on the gameplay
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:33:16 PM by NickGemini12 »

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 10:07:09 PM »
I'm not 100% its blood, going based on the name of the image lol. These are from the Original PC version, I can't recall the format of the image so I'll have to figure that out before I can actually see them (different formats based on system)...