May 07, 2024, 04:41:13 AM

Author Topic: Blitz 2000 extended teams + playbook + updated roster patch (updated 5/28/2017)  (Read 17401 times)

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
After many months of working on the extended playbook and other things, I am finally ready to release the patch. This patch includes the following major changes from the original blitz 2000 (N64) game:

1. Expanded team hack (thanks to Zoinkity), including the Texans as well as an extra team titled "Pork Rub Fantasy" (it's an inside joke)
2. Updated Rosters through last year at the end of the 2015 season
3. Custom "tips"; these are again inside jokes, so won't make any sense
4. Expanded playbook for both offense (5 pages) and defense (2 pages)
5. Two custom cheats: ultra low gravity (- - 1 down), and 2000 play speed (- - 1 right)
6. Extended playbook timer to 20 seconds from 9 to compensate for the larger amount of plays

For (1) and (2), the extra team and rosters can be modified using Jakes roster editor tool. (3) needs to be edited by hand.

For (4), I plan on including the first page of 2001 offensive plays, but no other default plays from different versions. The data is jut too complicated and time consuming to work through. However, I think we may try and somehow incorporate custom plays generated from the external playbook editor into the game by default, but that's way down the road.

Finally, for (5), these two custom cheats are more for testing purposes for custom cheats. The patch has 2001 speeds by default, so if you want the 2000 play speed (slightly slower), just use the cheat as stated above. These cheats can be cleared like any other by simply starting a new game. I plan on adding other custom cheats down the road as well.

You can find the patch here:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=49015556741157514844

Installation is simple. Just do as follows:

1. download patch and xdeltaUI program from here: http://www.romhacking.net/download/utilities/598/
2. in xdeltaUI, select a non-edited nfl blitz .z64 ROM for the file to modify. It will probably work with other patched ROMs (such as ones that you may have already patched w/ Zoinkity's patch), but I didn't test it.
3. select the output directory and file name - any file name will do, just make sure you have the .z64 extension.

If it worked, it will display "patched applied succesfully" or something along those lines. Good luck!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:42:23 PM by blitzmaster5000 »

DiscoTaco

• View Profile
Hey thanks for all your hard work Blitzmaster

I simply can't get this patch to work. I've tried patching it with 3 different n64 2000 roms and all just get the same error of : "target window CHECKSUM MISMATCH XD3_INVALID_INPUT" I've also tried both .n64 and .z64 extensions as well.

Any help is appreciated and thanks again for your work.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Hi Disco,

Thanks for finding this. I also was getting the same issue - I think I accidentally uploaded an ealier patch that didn't work. I just made a new one and tested it using a Blitz 2000.z64 rom and it worked fine. You can find it in the patch in the first post.

Let me know if it works. As I stated in a previous thread, there is a glitch with audibles where it will freeze if you try to do them, so I would suggest not doing them at all. I'm currently working on fixing that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:41:10 PM by blitzmaster5000 »

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Here is the updated patch with the audible glitch fixed:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04390946365154728944

I wasn't able to test it out with multiple players, nor custom plays. I imagine it may have issues with custom plays, but not with multiple players.

Next thing to apply: 2001 plays, and having player-made plays built into the game! Still working with Jake on that.

DiscoTaco

• View Profile
Hey man.

The patches are both working perfectly. I played like 3 games and I'm having a ball. Thanks for you hard work man.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
No problem Disco! Have you tried out the low gravity cheat yet? it's  - - 1 down. Glad to hear it's working!

With the Cowboys season going the way it is thus far, I think I'm gonna have to replace Dak for Romo...

ModelsOfBoats

• View Profile
Is there any way to get the Gameshark codes to work with this hack? http://www.gamegenie.com/cheats/gameshark/n64/nfl_blitz_2000.html

I realize that since the rom is modified, including some cheat changes, that the memory addresses are changed as well.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
You are right that the addresses are not the same. I figured out the offset from those on the website and the ROM. You need to add 19D to the addresses listed on the site. For example:

802EA3A3 0001     Team 1 Always On Fire
needs to be changed to
802EA540 0001

802EA3A3 + 19D = 802EA540.

You can easily do this addition for the other cheats using the calculator in Windows: Change the type to "programmer", and then make sure you're in hex rather than decimal.

ModelsOfBoats

• View Profile
You are right that the addresses are not the same. I figured out the offset from those on the website and the ROM. You need to add 19D to the addresses listed on the site. For example:

802EA3A3 0001     Team 1 Always On Fire
needs to be changed to
802EA540 0001

802EA3A3 + 19D = 802EA540.

You can easily do this addition for the other cheats using the calculator in Windows: Change the type to "programmer", and then make sure you're in hex rather than decimal.
Nice, thanks for the help, I appreciate it. I've noticed something while playing your hack though. When the AI is on offense they will always run the same exact play over and over again. I tried re-patching default roms, and even used an older version of your patch to no avail.

I think the play is X Slant. I don't know if this is something on my part or not, as I've said I've patched successfully every time, and I'm using a .z64 rom. This problem doesn't occur for the base Zoinkity hack if that helps.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:45:17 AM by ModelsOfBoats »

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
hmmm, that's an interesting glitch I hadn't noticed! I've mainly played multiplayer, so haven't seen much of the computer's strategies.

I didn't think that the changes I made for the extended play book would have an effect on the computer's play selection. I guess it could also be related to the different player speed.. I can check it out and see if I can figure out why. It maybe difficult to fix though. Thanks for the heads up.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hey Blitzmaster did you happen to find a fix for this?

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Haven't had much time lately to look into it. May take a bit of trouble shooting as the amount of code that was modified was a lot. I'll see if I can get it figured out soon though.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Figured out why the AI always uses only one play. The game actually looks at the "team plays" look up table to load up plays for the AI. I deleted this table to make room for some other stuff (hence why it only chooses 1 play, switch up), but I should be able to move it and just update all the code that uses the table.

I updated the link above in the first post with the fix!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 03:40:05 PM by blitzmaster5000 »

BBOPseut

• View Profile
    • Охранно-пожарная панель Ritm Контакт GSM-5-2
-
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2024, 12:02:42 PM »
Hi, I just have a question about the location of a pointer for Crankys dialog.

I have this text block....

Gnawty the beaver can
be rolled or jumped on

I cant seem to find the pointer for this text block.

Any ideas? Thanks