May 03, 2024, 03:30:52 AM

Author Topic: NFL Blitz Graphic Editor (UPDATED 1/17/2018)  (Read 66459 times)

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Graphic Editor (UPDATED 5/25/2017)
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 11:03:36 PM »
Perfect! I was going to try and just edit the added team by hand to see if I could do it for the time being. I am going to try and fix a few of the bugs in the hack first and then we can talk about how to tackle the address changing of the custom plays when new image are added.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Graphic Editor (UPDATED 5/27/2017)
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
Alright, added C16+I4 export and import support. When importing C16+I4 the first half of the image is the C16 the 2nd half is the I4. The I4 portion is pretty much a shadow the games uses. I4 is a 16 (colors) or less grayscale image. If  the bottom portion contains more then 16 gray colors it wont work correctly.

@Blitzmaster, I updated the app to include team count override. Type the amount of teams you want to load then click reload. Let me know if you run into any issues.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
Very cool Jake! I'll test it out today. I fixed a few of the bugs so far in the latest unreleased version w/ custom plays on it. Still trying to figure out the AI one..

I think there's a simple way to make the file editor update where the custom play data is: If you insert a file, it will shift all of the addresses in the file table + the custom play data down. It will then add the new table entries after the custom data. this isn't a problem at all as far as I can tell so far, because your tool allows one to map out which files correlate to which team, so the location of the file table entry is not important.

What this means then is that as long as we know how many bytes are added to the ROM when inserting a file, we can calculate the new address position. For instance, the original location of the start of the custom plays was at 0xFDDFF0. Now after inserting the custom Texans jerseys that TAP made, the start of the first playbook is at 0xFDF024. So we can calculate this offset 0xFDF024 - 0xFDDFF0 = 0x1034, and then add this value to all of the necessary bits of code.

Some examples would be:

LUI S4, $800B
ADDIU S4, S4, $E330 //these two lines will load the address 800AE330 into reg S4, which is the address where much of the custom data starts
will simply change to:
LUI S4, $800B
ADDIU S4, S4, $F364 //which is 800AE330 + 0x1034.

I will have to find all of the commands that set addresses and then I can send them to you. We can then us your graphics editor to write the hexidecimal representation to the ROM. Does this sound feasible?

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2017, 10:23:36 AM »
Hey Jake is the uploaded file correct? I don't see an exe.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2017, 09:06:37 AM »
odd, try again.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
Just tested it out. I'm super impressed Jake, works for the extra team as well as I see you added the objects to be edited (end zone, helmet at loading etc). Great stuff!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:05:50 PM by blitzmaster5000 »

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2017, 05:22:59 PM »
My jersey editing skills are quite as good as you guys...

Nonetheless, looks like the importer Jake made works for extra teams!

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2017, 09:01:36 PM »
@Blitz Haha, glad its working for you. I have been doing a lot of testing with the tool:

I've fixed a bug around importing CI8 images. The image index portion of the file needs to be padded to 8 bytes.
Have a handful of other minor bug fixes I'm looking into stomping out also. Hoping to have the next version work a lot smoother. Also if you guys use the tool from the last update. The added IRX and IRY values and the update button allow you to set the x and y coordinates of where an image is drawn.

@TAPFS, did you end up making a Green Bay Blizzards uniform for the IFL? Was thinking about making one....

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2017, 11:27:06 PM »
@Jake Not yet, but that's on my list of uniforms to do :) Been working on getting the rosters updated first for the whole league but progress is coming along nicely on that. I'm going to include some retired teams too so rosters for those will take some time, but I think I'll switch over to getting the current teams fully done with logos and jerseys and all before I focus on those. I'll definitely give the new version of your editor a try tomorrow though, being able to control X and Y coordinates means I'll be able to try my hand at making custom logos too which I'm excited about :)

givehimsix

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2017, 11:37:59 AM »

Hi all, I am new to the board and to Blitz hacking. I'm trying to make a college version of the game. I've figured out how to re-skin the players in the game with the editor, but I'm having issues with the helmet stripe. It appears to be the same issue that TAPFS was having earlier in this thread. Did you guys ever figure out what the deal is with this? I'm saving my PNG files for the stripe with only 11 colors + transparency, which has worked for everything but the stripe so far.

Also, the editor keeps crashing when I try to update the IRX and IRY values of the large team logo. Any ideas what might be causing this? No, I'm not running the game while I'm working in the editor so that can't be it. I'm using Windows 7 if that helps.

Thanks for all your efforts, I'm looking forward to getting the hang of this and contributing to the forum.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2017, 09:26:53 AM »
Hey givehimsix,

Welcome to the forum! awesome to have another person helping making hacks for blitz. Looking at the image below looks like there is still issues with the C16+c4 import also haha... Can you upload the stripe file your are trying to import? Also send me the large team logo and I'll test both out and will fix the bugs.

Thanks!
Jake

givehimsix

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2017, 09:59:53 AM »
Thank you, Jaker! Here are the files:

Did I mention that the Editor crashes almost every time I try to enter new IRX and IRY values? Note that I am replacing the existing files and not adding new ones. It crashes when I try to add new files also.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2017, 10:11:27 AM »
thanks,

I'll take a look into this issue today and tomorrow. Some of these issues might already be fixed, just not published yet.

EDIT: Oh no, looks like the image host you used is down. :\
They are showing up now... I'm going to add the ability to override image types so you can force the helmet stripes to be c16. Hopefully that will do it. Also the 11 colors + transparency is for jerseys.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:15:48 PM by jaker3 »

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2018, 09:15:35 PM »
quick update, I'm almost done with the changes. Currently implementing the ability to change image types after inserting them. That way we set the helmet stripes to C16 manually (currently the programs guesses which type to use).

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »
Hey givehimsix,

I added the ability to override/convert the image type by selecting the one you want in the drop down. You should be able to change the stripe to the correct image type now. Let me know it that fixes the issue. Also let me know if there is any bugs.

Thanks!
Jake