April 20, 2024, 12:45:14 AM

Author Topic: NFL Blitz Graphic Editor (UPDATED 1/17/2018)  (Read 66088 times)

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NFL Blitz Graphic Editor (UPDATED 1/17/2018)
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:55:38 AM »
Updates:

1/17/2018
  • Fixed CI images export, endzone images all should work now

1/6/2018
  • Added ability to change/convert image type

5/25/2017
  • Updated "Find By Team" tab to include team count override
  • Added C16PlusI4 support
5/25/2017
  • Updated "Find By Team" tab to include all team files.
Updates:
5/23/2017
  • Added CI4 image support
  • Added I4 image support
  • Added image preview to Team files Tab
2/17/2017
  • Added png export for C16 and C8 image types
  • Added image preview to UI

The editor currently only supports Zoinkity's Blitz 2000 patch (other versions to come in the future).
This editor will only support N64 games (other editors for other systems will come later..)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:50:56 PM by jaker3 »

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Graphic Editor
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 03:21:25 PM »
Quick and dirty how to video:
https://youtu.be/YNDUSxzEmYY

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 08:59:52 AM »
Hey Jake, I downloaded the graphic editor and was able to extract out some textures although I couldn't open them with any graphic editor (paint, photoshop etc). In your video you mention that any graphics that are imported are compressed - is there a way to decompress the ones already in the game to view them?

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »
Yeah, I really need to rewrite this tool. Long story short the files extracted stay in the same format they are in in the game. So for the graphic files they are a format specific to the game/system. Zoinkity has some python code that does it in \Blitz2k\tools\module_Blitz.py I'm not good with python though, I wrote my own N64 graphics tool but never released it since it doesn't function that good. When I rewrite this tool I hope to address this and make it more user/friendly. if I don't get around to rewriting this tool this month I'll email you the tool I use which should help you out.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »
Hey Jake - everyone was super impressed with the modifications at the super bowl party I went to, so thanks again for all your hard work. Someone mentioned that he prefers the graphical images used in 2001 over 2000 for the play select screen. 2000 has that green grid behind the routes, while 2001 is more or less blank. Do you know if we could also modify these graphics as well? I was thinking as long as we can find the images we should be able to change them out.

One other thing - I know Zoinkity mentioned that the hacked version has issues with making plays in the play editor. Does this only apply to the Texans, or does it apply to any team in the hacked version?

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49:26 AM »
Hey Jake - everyone was super impressed with the modifications at the super bowl party I went to, so thanks again for all your hard work. Someone mentioned that he prefers the graphical images used in 2001 over 2000 for the play select screen. 2000 has that green grid behind the routes, while 2001 is more or less blank. Do you know if we could also modify these graphics as well? I was thinking as long as we can find the images we should be able to change them out.

One other thing - I know Zoinkity mentioned that the hacked version has issues with making plays in the play editor. Does this only apply to the Texans, or does it apply to any team in the hacked version?

Really? I always liked NFL Blitz 2000 graphics more haha. At one point I want to implement an export all and a import all into the graphics tool that would be able to mass export from one game and import into the other. So you should be able to get your 2000 version to look like 2001.

Yes, expansion teams only work in VS mode, they sadly cannot be used in, season, play editor, ect... At one point I want to add moving teams around in the roster editor so users could move an expansion team into the first 31 teams allowing them to use them in those other modes. At one point I'd also like to make an external play editor to swap plays out for teams but I see that as something way down the road, I'd have to figure out how to read that data first...

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 01:57:52 PM »
Yes, that would be really awesome to have an external playbook-editor. It would make swapping plays much easier. You could also have the default plays changed as well.

I'm wondering if we can find the data for the plays in 2000 and 2001, export, and then mix and match between them. That can be on our bucket list of modifications in the future.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 09:06:34 AM »
Yes, that would be really awesome to have an external playbook-editor. It would make swapping plays much easier. You could also have the default plays changed as well.

I'm wondering if we can find the data for the plays in 2000 and 2001, export, and then mix and match between them. That can be on our bucket list of modifications in the future.

Zoinkity has showed me where the play data is in 2000 I believe... I'll have to dig into my old notes, the format for sure wasn't easy to understand if I recall haha...

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 04:01:29 PM »
I'll be reworking some of the code for this shortly, finally figured out CI8 images so hope to have an export to png and import png option soon.

blitzmaster5000

• View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Graphic Editor (UPDATED 2/17/2017)
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 02:06:10 PM »
Great stuff Jake! I'm gonna play around with it. I want to add some Texans away uniforms and see if we can get them working.

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 05:45:54 PM »
Great Editor jaker :) I'm really blown away at how much you guys have opened Blitz up for hacking with these tools, it's given the game new life for myself and I'm sure a lot of other folks out there. I've been tinkering around with the editor and I've been trying to edit the New Orleans Saints jersey texture but I've had some problems. I put together an image to help illustrate a bit better my problems I'm having, if you guys have any suggestions on what I could do I'd appreciate it. :)

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 09:27:25 PM »
The # probably adds more colors than are allowed to be imported as a jersey.  Despite being a CI4 image, Jerseys can only use 12 colors (11+1 transparent). I'll look into adding CI4. If I can't get it done I do have an example of a jersey that was exported by Zoinkity I can send you.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:29:53 PM by jaker3 »

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 01:39:05 AM »
Ah, so CI4 is the type of wms file the jerseys are, and C16 and C8 are what the editor can export for now. I see now. :) As far as the 12 colors go minus the transparency for jersey CI4 textures, can they be any colors or do they need to fit within a color palette the game has? Also I'd love to take a look at Zoinkity's example jersey if you wouldn't mind sending it to me, I'd like to see how its textures look.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 03:42:56 PM »
Here is a Jersey:

Have CI4 images mostly working in the file editor tool. Will post an update later this week.

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 04:25:59 PM »
Awesome :)