April 25, 2024, 02:02:25 PM

Author Topic: 30 game losing streak - Any advice to get better?  (Read 11088 times)

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
30 game losing streak - Any advice to get better?
« on: June 09, 2017, 09:38:25 AM »
Took a break from working on my IFL mod for Blitz the past few days to try to get better at the game itself, but I've not had much luck. I've looked at various sites including GameFAQs for some sort of guide on strategies to play Blitz better but all I've found are FAQs that give you a summary of the controls and that's about it.

I've put together this video on YouTube of my 30th lost game against the CPU in the hopes that it'll give a better look at my play style and how I play so that I can get feedback on it and hopefully get better from said feedback. If you want to check it out and leave some tips here or on YouTube I'd really appreciate it. :)

https://youtu.be/luJyT0nFiio

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 30 game losing streak - Any advice to get better?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:57:25 PM »
Alright,

I'll have to make a video this week haha. Few years back when i was still in college me and one of my roommates played daily. We beat the PC by 100+ shut outs before and my personal best was a 70-80 point shut out versus a PC 1v1. I'm definitely not as good as I use to be but I figure I have to be one of the better players around haha.

Here is a demo I did for the NFL BLitz 2015 MOD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehf2zlWBPJA

As you can see in the video, pretty much use turbo with your QB and jump to get more time in the backfield. Da Bomb is probably the best play versus PC also. The middle receiver generally can get enough separation the first few scores to score on one or two plays. Another thing with Da Bomb is if you run to the left your able to have the option to run the ball or throw it if a receiver gets open. I probably use about only 3-5 plays in NFL Blitz... I'll make a video with each one showing how I use them.

For defense a lot of people will either blitz the middle or line up with a receiver and knock them down right when the ball is snapped then change players and tackle the QB.

But yeah I'll make a video showing a few good tips.

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 12:56:45 AM »
I appreciate the tips there Jake, I'll try the ones there in the meantime until your video comes out. :) I'll definitely check that out once its finished. I bet it'll be a great resource too for other newer players to Blitz that join the forum in the future. I think once I get better at the game I might do some more Blitz videos on my channel, like season playthroughs and game highlight reels. :)

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 08:28:16 PM »
recorded a few gameplay videos, just need to find a decent free editor to stitch them together.

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 09:11:03 PM »
You should give Shotcut a try, that's what I used to make my video there. :) https://www.shotcut.org/

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 05:34:34 PM »
I'll check it out this week and try and get a video up.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 09:28:13 PM »
Didn't have much time to edit, recorded myself speaking while playing the game but must not have set the mic volume correctly.

https://vimeo.com/226846460

In the video you can see I pretty much use 2 plays for offense and 1 play for defense. The more I run up the score the less I pass. The more points you are up the increase in fumbles and interceptions you give up. So I try to run it more often and run it towards the outside so if it does fumble it goes out of bounds. I'd suggest starting out by mastering a couple plays and go from there. Also when passing, always use turbo to drop back, but before throwing it let go of turbo. This will lob the ball and if the player is under 60 yards it will give him time to break free from the defender.