March 28, 2024, 05:24:46 PM

Author Topic: NFL Blitz Roster Editor (UPDATED: 3/21/2018)  (Read 61013 times)

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
NFL Blitz Roster Editor (UPDATED: 3/21/2018)
« on: August 13, 2014, 09:03:11 AM »
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1r4b3bjcsy9mfa/Blitz+Roster+Manager+2.0.zip

Currently support games:
N64 NFL Blitz 2000
N64 NFL Blitz 2001
N64 NFL Blitz 2000 Zoinkity's hack
Work in progress:
Arcade Blitz 200 Gold
PC NFL Blitz (original)

Updated 10/14/2016:
  • Minor fixes to support other systems.

Updated 3/21/2018:
  • Added up to date roster as of 3/19/2018
  • Fixed save roster to rom bugs
Updated 2/3/2016:
  • Added Team Name and city as editable fields.
  • Add NFL Blitz 2001 for the N64
  • Started working on PC and Arcade version
    Updated Logo
  • Includes Idabadas 2016 NFL Roster!
Updated 10/28/2014:
Supports Zoinkity's patch
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:41:41 PM by jaker3 »

Idabadas

• View Profile
Re: NFL Blitz Roster Editor
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 01:13:50 PM »
The link you edited is broken.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »
The link you edited is broken.

Hey! sorry, the past two days I've had issues with my hosting provider. I was finally able to get this sorted out and I've also fixed the link. Included is the roster editor that supports both formats of the game. I plan on adding support for editing players "height" and luck ability real soon... My fiance is having her bachelorette party this weekend so I;\'m sure I can find some time to add it then while shes away for the weekend. :)

Also, I will be working more on the editor and renaming to "NFL Blitz editor" as I'm adding support to older versions of the game also.

Idabadas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »
There are two problems with this editor, one is that the edits for players are hard to implement on the original hacked ROM except for numbers. The second is that the latest hacked ROM won't change the names of the players.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:35:56 AM »
There are two problems with this editor, one is that the edits for players are hard to implement on the original hacked ROM except for numbers. The second is that the latest hacked ROM won't change the names of the players.

Hmmm... Can you elaborate more on this? Which roster file are you using? The old ones are no longer compatible. I've included an updated version of your latest roster file in the download.  Zoinkity's hacked ROM does not include the players first name anymore, only the last name (first name is not used in the game). So this editor will only save last names if you select the hacked version from the drop down. Also what do you mean by "edits for players are hard to implement on the original hacked ROM"? One last thing. If you noticed there are players that do not have names at all. These are linemen. I forgot to add them in the original editor. The game does not save the linemen names.

Idabadas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
Every time I implement the roster changes I want the correct way to the first hacked ROM, the game keeps changing it and making most of the quarterbacks big and dark skinned.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 05:41:21 PM »
Every time I implement the roster changes I want the correct way to the first hacked ROM, the game keeps changing it and making most of the quarterbacks big and dark skinned.

Must have switched the locations of skin color and size around... I'll have that correctly shortly.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 06:45:41 PM »
Hey Idabadas,

Yeah I was right... I had mixed up the values of weight and color when I was reading from the ROM. I've fixed it now... You can use the same download link to get the new version. Please let me know if you have any more issues.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 07:13:07 PM »
Also, I finally added "luck" to the editor also. Which is the ability to receive long passes, evade, etc. its used by QBs and WR only.

Idabadas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 11:11:01 PM »
What do luck numbers go up to?

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 07:44:47 AM »
What do luck numbers go up to?

Hey Idabadas, not sure... I'll ask Zoinkity, I'm sure he knows.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 07:12:12 PM »
Just an update, I worked a bit on the editor tonight to support Zoinkity's patch. Almost done!

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 10:49:37 AM »
I will hopefully have the updated roster editor uploaded this week. Currently working on a way for the editor to also insert graphics.

zoinkity

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »
Did I give you the breakdown on the funky way it stores some of the palettes?  They spliced a single palette into three uneven parts for things like the stripes and fonts. 

"Luck" is a funny register.  Special characters use 0xED.  Blitz 2k is a funny beast, a sort of halfway point in the codebase, so it treats the value in two different ways.  Some code comes from the original Blitz 64 and uses it as a signed value (-35), and some other code that would wind up being used in subsequent games treat it as an unsigned value (237).  That's why you don't see consistent "luck" effects when it comes to pass success, etc.
I'd honestly suggest the plug-&-chug method.

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 07:19:37 PM »
Did I give you the breakdown on the funky way it stores some of the palettes?  They spliced a single palette into three uneven parts for things like the stripes and fonts. 

"Luck" is a funny register.  Special characters use 0xED.  Blitz 2k is a funny beast, a sort of halfway point in the codebase, so it treats the value in two different ways.  Some code comes from the original Blitz 64 and uses it as a signed value (-35), and some other code that would wind up being used in subsequent games treat it as an unsigned value (237).  That's why you don't see consistent "luck" effects when it comes to pass success, etc.
I'd honestly suggest the plug-&-chug method.

Hey Zoinkity, I don't think you went into detail on how they store some of the palettes. Also still struggling with the majority of graphic files that are not RGB16 (hence me only replacing title screens so far lol  :-\). Its something that I am currently trying to learn/figure out and any guidance is appreciated.