March 29, 2024, 08:38:42 AM

Author Topic: Will EA make another Blitz?  (Read 78196 times)

jaker3

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Will EA make another Blitz?
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:40:25 AM »
Does anyone think EA will ever make another Blitz? Or are we doomed?

TAPFS

• With the facial!
    • View Profile
Re: Will EA make another Blitz?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 10:05:39 AM »
Even though this post is three years old I still feel like I should share my two cents. :p

As far as EA making a new Blitz, I doubt it sadly. They still own the rights to the series but just like NBA Jam they haven't done anything with it in 5 years. Most likely they just bought both series' up to cash in on the boom in popularity of downloadable HD remakes and ports of older games on PSN and Xbox LIVE at the time and never saw any long term future with either. They likely still hold onto both licenses because any use of the games in something like a movie, TV show or elsewhere will net them royalty fees.

It is looking pretty bleak for Blitz and Jam officially, but we're far from doomed I feel. Mutant Football League (a remake of Mutant League Football from EA) is coming out soon for PC, PS4 and Xbox One and takes a ton of inspiration from NFL Blitz's gameplay. There's also the tools and tutorials you and blitzmaster have made that have blown Blitz 2000 wide open, and that has given classic Blitz a very bright future with how much is possible with those. Now, even if EA doesn't continue the series, we can with rom hacks. :)

BBOPseut

• View Profile
    • Охранно-пожарная панель Ritm Контакт GSM-5-2
-
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 04:46:36 PM »
im also looking for a good honda navigation background i know there are some still dont see the one i really like any help would be appriciated